Sunday 22 July 2018

Okay's the worst

Okay is the worst. It is the worst reply that you could give to someone. If someone sends you something, anything. A document, a text or whatever else that could be sent, the worst reply the person could receive is just "okay". It infuriates me whenever I receive one without anything following it. This is why. A person, a living feeling person, who's taken the effort to type something, used his time and focus (which is in very short supply) to send you a document for you to read and respond to; the absolute minimum, nadir equivalent reply effort that you could send is 'okay.' It lacks any insight.

Absolute minimum effort meaning that you barely used any of your cognitive effort at all. Now this implies one of two things:
  1. You really don't want to do the work that the person might have asked you to do and hence you simply respond with the word. Or,
  2. You deem the document sent to you by the person not worthy enough to receive your time. A person who (obviously) believes that you're worth theirs. 

So as a kind gesture, instead of merely sending 'Okay.' as a response, you might as well experiment with newer, slightly more effortful replies to the person who made it obvious that you are worth theirs. 

-

I was given this realization by my brother, how much ever I hate it, that at times I too fall for this. And fall hard. I shall attempt to rectify. If you catch me falling for this (And you happen to read this) send an 'Aaaand?'. I'll try to make it up to you.

---

This time I was listening to Bach while I wrote. I thought I'd give classical music a shot; I enjoyed it a fair bit. 

3 comments:

  1. Bach is nice to write to.
    Okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is indeed. But sort of predictable, shall try others too. Any suggestions?

      Delete