Tuesday 31 January 2023

How to meal prep? part 2

 Here we are. (For context, you will have to read part 1)

I was at the grocery store getting all the stuff I needed to prepare my meals. I got vegetables I was used to seeing in the HelloFresh box (meal kit). At that grocery store, I decided that I would only prepare vegetables this weekend. I would make the rest of the ingredients for the meal prep from the next weekend. So that's exactly what I did. I bought the vegetables, and I bought a bunch of sauce jars. I had enough grain to go through the week, so I didn't need to buy any grain. 

Today, I prepared the vegetables, cooked them in the oven, and stored them in the fridge. Hopefully I have enough vegetables to last me the week. I'll be able to course correct over next weekend. I probably will be able to make a sauce or two this week as well. That gives me time to research and make something I would be happy with, and something that could be mixed between different meals. 

I have a good base to start off with this week. But I need to continue building on it to get to my dream of being able to prepare a healthy meal on weekdays in less than 15 minutes including cleaning time. (This dream is driven by my liking for HelloFresh meals, but dislike for how long it takes to prepare those meals.)

Finally, on the question of proteins, I think I'll be able to squeeze in some lentils and tofu throughout the week. However, I will have to calculate the amount of protein I am consuming. It will ensure that I am not falling far below the recommended amount. At the same time, I'll go through the grocery store looking for high protein snacks and ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment