Sunday 29 January 2023

How to meal prep?

That was my Google search. I don't know. I am just starting out. Today will be the first day I try to meal prep. 


What I have figured out based on 2 months of near daily cooking:

  1. You need a carb rich base that will fill you. 
  2. You need a flavor adding component, usually a sauce.
  3. You need vegetables, to make it healthy and satisfying. 

That's the basics of a lot of the Hello Fresh cooking I have done. This was the pattern I recognized. 

Now then, what is the plan? 
  1. Get 2 base grains that I can eat throughout the week.
  2. Make 2 different sauces that can be consumed throughout the week. 
  3. Buy loads of vegetables, cook them in the oven. 
Whenever I need to make a meal, I can swap out between the different options. 

This is the plan for the first week. 

The specifics:
  1. Grain: Rice and Quinoa
  2. Sauces: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  3. Vegetables: Onions, Potato, Sweet potato, Avocado, Beans, Cucumber, Bell Pepper, Garlic, Chillies, Carrots, Mushrooms, Zucchini, Tomato, Chickpea, Corn, 
(Yes, I know all of them are not vegetables, but can be placed there as oven going ingredients.)

Finally, I will also need a spice mixture to ensure that there is some taste in the vegetable, will decide the spice mixture at the store I visit though. 

Finally, while I do have the 3 main components available, it will be important to have protein, and some variety. 


Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment